Release Date: 03/18/2010
Like a Dragon 4: Successor of the Legend, is an upcoming video game developed and published by Sega exclusively for the PlayStation 3. The game was announced on July 24, 2009. A promotion video was presented at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show and a preview presenting the main story was released on January 13, 2010.
The game is planned for a March 18, 2010 Japanese release. It is the sequel to Yakuza 3.
- As with the original game, most of the action takes place in Kamurocho (a.k.a. Kamuro City), a fictionalized yet realistic recreation of Tokyo Shinjuku's red-light district Kabukicho.
- Three new locations are added since Kamurocho gets a vertical expansion called Rooftop which is made up of building roofs; there is also Kamurocho's back, a brand new area known as Rujiura and a third area expansion named Underground for it includes city sewers, parking lot and shopping arcades.
- There are three new main protagonists alongside Kazuma Kiryu who is the main character since the original Yakuza game. These are Masayoshi Tanimura, Shun Akiyama and Taiga Saejima. These teammates have a connected story through the game with each other and Kiryu himself.
- Other new characters include a Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department detective called Junji Sugioshi (Kenichi Endou), a Tojo Clan yakuza called Hiroaki Arai (Ikki Sawamura), a high rank police officer called Seishirou Munakata (Kinya Kitaoji) and a woman called Riri (Majyu Ozawa).
- Returning characters are Takeshi Kido (Kenta Kiritani) as well as Haruka Sawamura, Goro Majima, Daigo Dojima and Goh Hamazaki.
- The game engine features an enhanced Chase Battle since it is now possible to use items as weapons during the chase sequence.