Release Date: 10/6/11
Version: Japan - Q4L-00001
Stock Status: In Stock
Ōgon Musōkyoku, is a 2D versus fighting game developed and published by 07th Expansion. It is considered a side spin-off of the Umineko no Naku Koro ni murder mystery visual novel series and was originally released at Comiket 79 on December 31, 2010. The game will be ported to the Xbox 360 by Alchemist with the name Ōgon Musōkyoku X, including a few more characters and balance tweaks, to be released in October 2011.
- Ōgon Musōkyoku is a fighting game that can be played by up to two players. Gameplay revolves around a tag-team battle system in which each player takes control of two characters, only one of which can be controlled at a time, but both of which can be switched out with the other through the game's "Touch" system.
- A "touch" can only be performed when a player's Touch Gauge is full (the gauge fills on its own over a set period of time).
- There are five kinds of touching methods, each of which uses up a different amount of the Touch Gauge: Normal Touch, which is used when the player isn't performing any other action; Attack Touch, which is performed when the player is in the middle of attacking an opponent; Guard Touch, for when the player is guarding against an opponent; Damage Touch, which can only be used when the player is damaged, and has the additional effect of creating a barrier that forces the opponent away from the player; and Assault Touch, in which the player performs a rushing attack towards an opponent before switching out.
- Every character in the game has a unique ability which can be used to improve their own skills or their partners' skills for a limited period of time.
- There are two methods of activating abilities. The first method is through touching, which automatically activates the ability of the character being switched out and affects the character being switched in. The other method is by summoning the Metaworld, which not only drastically changes the background, but also activates the abilities of both the player character and his or her partner at the same time.