Release Date: 4/7/2009
Company: Atari Games
With The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, players will not only be challenged to survive Butcher Bay, but will also engage in a new single-player experience and, for the first time in the Riddick universe, take action in intense multi-player combat. The game introduces the ominous Merc-ship Dark Athena, which sits silent like a marauding spider, awaiting helpless prey in the dark reaches of the galaxy. Players must face a large, bloodthirsty operation led by the dreaded Captain Revas and her slaves-turned-controllable combat drones, storm though death-defying events and fight fierce enemies in a battle of malice and gore.
- DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - All against all. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are scattered around the levels. Some smaller levels do not have the most powerful weapons on them for balancing purposes. Ulaks are also not included. Supports up to 12 players. Some smaller maps support less than 12 players, ie 4-8.
- TEAM DEATHMATCH (up to 12 players) - As above, but the players are split up into red and blue teams. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams, as with Deathmatch.
- CAPTURE THE FLAG (up to 12 players) - Red and Blue teams try to penetrate each othersâ€™ base and take their flags. Weapons, ammo and power-ups are distributed similarly to Deathmatch, but with other CTF unique maps as well as some Deathmatch maps. Supports up to 12 players, but some maps are for smaller teams as with Deathmatch.
- BUTCHER BAY RIOT (12 players) - 12 players split up into teams of Guards, Prisoners and Mercenaries. There is one powercell in the level. Capture the powercell and return it to the capture point in the opposing teams base to win the round (match can be won with 3 or 5 rounds depending on settings). Players buy weapons before the round starts. Winning rewards them with more cash, as does killing the opposing players. All weapons can be purchased. All maps support 12 players.
- ARENA (up to 8 players) - Either 1 on 1 or teams of 2 on 2 (default setting is 2 vs 2 but can be changed in advanced options) . Winning team/individual stays on. Other teams watch as spectators. All weapons are in the playerâ€™s inventory when the game is started. Supports up to 8 players.
- PITCH BLACK (up to 6 players) - Play as a Mercenary with up to 5 others and hunt down Riddick. When you kill Riddick you become him. All levels are sheathed in darkness, with only weapons and flashlights to see by. Riddick starts in the darkness, the Mercenaries start in a lit room containing shotguns, SMGâ€™s and Assault Rifles. Drop into the darkness to hunt down Riddick. Riddick is armed with the Ulaks and his unique nightvision/eyeshine. The more powerful the Mercenaries weapons are, the weaker the power of the flashlight is.