Release Date: 4/22/2010
Genre: Action RPG
Company: Square Enix
Version: Japan - Region Free - BLJS-10053
NIER is an action role-playing video game developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix. It was released in April 2010 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In Japan, the two platform versions were named NieR Gestalt for Xbox 360 and NieR RepliCant for PlayStation 3. The major differences between the two versions are the player character Nier's appearance and his relationship with the character of Yonah. In all other regions, the two platform versions are based on NieR Gestalt.
- Players take control of Nier who uses his sword to perform combo attacks on his enemies; he is also able to use a magical book to shoot projectiles at enemies for a short period of time.
- As the player advances through the game, more powers as well as a variety of different weapons will be at the disposal of the player.
- Experience a rich, twisting storyline of a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease
- Explore a beautiful, immersive world presented in signature Square Enix style
- Diverse and action-packed game play heightened by a combination of chain attacks and crushing magic abilities
- Multiple weapons to master, each with its own characteristics
- Unlock magic abilities to unleash crushing blows to enemies near and far Cinematic event scenes that draw the player into the world of NIER