Release Date: 9/7/2005
Company: Square Enix
Version: Japan - SLPM-66125
Final Fantasy X-2 is a console role-playing game developed and published by Square (now Square Enix) for Sony's PlayStation 2. It was released in 2003 and is the sequel to the best-selling 2001 game Final Fantasy X. The game's story follows the character Yuna from Final Fantasy X as she seeks to resolve political conflicts in the fictional world of Spira before it leads to war.
- The game was positively received by critics and was commercially successful.
- After nine months of being released in Japan, it sold a million copies in North America, and approximately four million copies worldwide.
- Final Fantasy X-2 was voted as the 32nd best game of all time by the readers of Famitsu.
- The English version of the game won an award for "Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance" at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 2004.
- The game has attained a rating of 86% on Game Rankings and an 85% rating on Metacritic.