Our Price: $499.99
Release Date: 2/28/2011
UPC: 4902370518764 / 4902370518757
Stock Status: In Stock
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect on compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit.
Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
- Nintendo 3DS offers a new way to play, 3D without the need for special glasses
- Play 3D games, take 3D pictures, and watch 3D videos with Nintendo 3DS
- Connect to a deeper wireless experience with SpotPass™ and StreetPass™, giving you more exclusive content and connecting you with other Nintendo 3DS users
- Complete with an adjustable stylus, 6 AR cards, and fun built-in software such as Face Raiders™, Nintendo 3DS Sound, and the Mii Maker™ application
- The 3D depth slider lets your determine how much 3D you want to see
- Size (when closed) - 2.9" high, 5.3" long, 0.8" deep.
- Weight - Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).
- Upper 3D Display - 3.53" (3.02" wide x 1.81" high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution, range of 16.77 million colors and 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.
- Lower Screen - 3.02" (2.42" wide, 1.81" high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution and range of 16.77 million colors.
- Cameras - 3 (2 facing out, 1 facing in), each with 640 x 480 resolution capability; single focus lenses using the CMOS capture element; active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.
- Wireless Functionality - 2.4 GHz, supporting IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA/WPA2 security features.
- Input Controls - A/B/X/Y Button, + control pad, L/R button, START/SELECT, Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input), Touchscreen, embedded microphone, Camera, Motion sensor, Gyro sensor.
- Other Input Controls - 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect), HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu), Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play), POWER button.
- Parental Controls - Enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.
- System Transfer - Enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.
- Built-in Software - Includes: the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
- Connector - Game Card slot, SD Card slot, Cradle connector, AC adapter connector, Audio jack (stereo output).
- Sound - Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).
- Stylus - Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94" when fully extended).
- Electric Power - AC adapter (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].
- Approximate Charge Time - 3.5 hours.
- Approximate Battery Duration - 3-5 hours (3DS software), 5-8 hour (DS software and/or with lowered brightness settings).
- Game Card - Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.