Release Date: 9/8/09
Genre: Action RPG
Company: Ignition Entertainment
The creators of the acclaimed PlayStation 2 hit, Odin Sphere, return with the single player, action RPG, Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Steeped in the ancient mythology of Japan, Muramasa: The Demon Blade tells a tale of possessed souls, forgotten pasts and unimaginable destinies. A Wii exclusive, filled with expertly hand animated graphics and gameplay that transitions seamlessly between player-controlled elements and story sequences it is an adventure only to be experienced on the Wii.
- Three progressively more difficult game modes: Unmatched Mode, Carnage Mode and Insane Death Mode.
- A unique action RPG, from the makers of Odin Sphere, with a story pulled from Japanese mythology.
- Entrancing 2D animation with the look of beautiful hand-drawn watercolor painting.
- Playable characters including a male ninja or female kunoichi, both possessing a wide variety of ninja skills necessary for progression through the levels in not only side-scrolling fashion, but vertical progression elements as well.
- Controller support for both the Wii Remote and the Nintendo Classic Controller.
- In Muramasa: The Demon Blade players have their choice of two playable characters: the renegade ninja, Kisuke, and the princess turned kunoichi, Momohine. These are their stories.
- In Muramasa: The Demon Blade players are given the choice to take on the role of either Kisuke or Momohime as they set off in different directions with the goal of collecting as many katana (swords) as possible. Swords are categorized in groupings defined by the weapon's levels of power and agility. Each Katana also is imbued with a specific attack technique that players will utilize in the different, progessively more difficult game modes. Modes include: Unmatched Mode, designed for character leveling; Carnage Mode, an advanced action mode; and Insane Death Mode, which as its name implies is a very advanced mode and is only available to players who have cleared Carnage Mode.