Release Date: 3/24/2009
Genre: Action Adventure
Face opponents in fantastic, cinematic gun battles with a fighting system that blends real-time and turn-based gameplay. Built around the gigantic machine city, the story delves deep into fate and the machinery that controls it. Masterfully crafted environments illustrate the deep tapestry of this dystopian world. Customizing your characters and weapons changes your playing experience visually and within the gameplay.
- The game utilizes what is known as the tri-Attack-Battle system or officially t-A-B for short.
- The battle system is a semi-realtime battle system which means that it is a mixture of a real-time and turn-based battle system.
- The game consists of battle elements such as command battles and action battles. Players start the battle by selecting one of the player's characters to control, following which the player takes direct control over the character.
- The player can then move the character around and attack a target of choice, the character's move ends when the player's attack is over.
- Enemies are also able to move while the player's character is moving and would usually attack only the character being controlled by the player.
- Each character's turn is time-limited, during which player's can keep moving and switching weapons until the time runs out.
- However during each turn, players are only allowed to make a single attack, after which even if time remains the character's turn ends.
- Attacking an enemy utilizes a charging system where the player first selects a target and then presses the attack button.
- Afterwards the character would begin to charge up in preparation for the attack, the attack is only carried out when the charge meter on the screen is filled up.
- Player's can also choose to charge up the attack multiple times though more time-consuming it results in a more powerful attack.
- The time needed to charge up is also dependent on the proximity of the enemy, the closer the enemy the shorter the time needed to charge up though it renders the player more vulnerable to attack.
- Enemy charge meter can also be observed floating above the enemies head.