Release Date: 1/26/2010
Stock Status: In Stock
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia, released in Japan as Ar tonelico: The Girl Who Continues to Sing at the End of the World is a PlayStation 2 console role-playing game produced by Banpresto and Gust. There were other media releases based on the game, including the comic Ar tonelico -arpeggio-, the OVA Ar tonelico, and several drama CDs.
- Ar tonelico features a turn-based battle system akin to those of the Atelier Iris series.
- Players may explore dungeons and other areas by moving in any direction and jumping. Depending on the abilities of the Reyvateils in the party, various spells can also be cast to light candles, remove obstacles, and trigger switches.
- Enemy creatures may be encountered at random as the player explores an area. A gauge in the lower-right corner of the screen indicates the likelihood of encountering an enemy, as well as the number of random encounters remaining in the current area. Once enough battles have been fought to empty the gauge, no further random encounters will take place until the player leaves and returns to the area.
- The story centers on Laina Barselt, an eighteen-year-old whose father governs Platina, a town located in the top floors of the tower
- Join the army and use the hymns to unlock secrets and wield powerful magics
- Dive into the minds of the girls and learn about what she is thinking, for a new element of gameplay
- You can also change your heroine's costume and customize her skills