Release Date: 10/27/2009
Company: Namco Bandai Games
Bundle comes with Limited edition wireless fighting stick and art book!
- Advanced High Definition Graphics and 3-D Animation technologies create impressive HD visuals.
- Create New Characters and Customize Them with Every Imaginable Detail.
- Dynamic, Interactive, Destructible Environments.
- Master 40 Unique Fighters representing the world's top martial arts styles!
- Online Vs. Mode.
- Katsuhiro Harada, director of Tekken 6, has stated the game will retain all of the elements from Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection that were well-received by fans. He also said that the stages will be bigger and will have more interactivity, such as walls or floors that can be broken to reveal new fighting areas. The character customization feature will also be more involved with game play.
- In addition, the game adds a new "rage" system, which gives characters more power when their vitality is low. When activated, a red energy field surrounds the character and their health bar starts to flicker red. Both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will include an online versus multiplayer mode over PSN and Xbox Live respectively.
- The home versions will also have an extra 'Scenario Campaign' mode that continues the play style of Tekken 3 and Tekken 4's 'Tekken Force' modes and Tekken 5's 'Devil Within' mode. This mode can be played co-operatively with two players, and also allows the players to pick up weapons such as poles and gatling guns. Other features in the home versions include a toggle option for motion blur.
- Another game play feature added is the bound system. If certain conditions are met, such as slamming the opponent strongly to the ground or falling in a multi-tiered stage, the opponent will bounce back from the ground, allowing bigger combos and new techniques.
- Comes with official wireless fighting stick!