Release Date: 9/8/09
Version: USA - Region Free
NIS America announced that they were publishing the PlayStation Portable version under the name Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days. It is slated for release in the United States on September 8, 2009.
The re-release features bonus material over the original, including an expanded playable character line-up, an Axel Mode storyline, more createable monsters and more powerful versions of existing spells. Features from the sequel Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice are also introduced, including the Magichange system and Level Spheres in the Item World.
- Over 55 new battle stages, 4 new story chapters, and a new playable character
- Enhanced content spanning over 150 hours of gameplay
- Magichange and Throw/Receive system from Disgaea 3 on the PLAYSTATION 3 has been added, allowing battle units to transform into weapons and units to be caught and thrown to strategically attack the enemy
- Anime Style Comedy - Like the battle system, the story and characters are all over-the-top and good laughs from all the back-stabbing, good-for-nothing characters
- Infinite number of battle maps
- Keeping with the tradition of Disgaea PlayStation Portable re-releases, Music Shops and Data Shops are available, giving the ability to purchase in-game music to play during forays into Item World. Additional content, such as the ability to create female Ronins, is unlocked by having a Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness save file on the same memory stick as the Dark Hero Days save file, as well as Downloadable content including Pram from Makai Kingdom, Marona and Ash from Phantom Brave, Dark Eclair from La Pucelle and Majin Hanako (unconfirmed name) from a future title. Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days requires OFW 5.55 to play.