Release Date: 11/20/2010
Stock Status: In Stock
Kinect for Xbox 360, or simply Kinect, is a "controller-free gaming and entertainment experience" by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game platform, and may later be supported by PCs via Windows 8. Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral for the Xbox 360 console, it enables users to control and interact with the Xbox 360 without the need to touch a game controller, through a natural user interface using gestures, spoken commands, or presented objects and images.
The project is aimed at broadening the Xbox 360's audience beyond its typical gamer base. Kinect competes with the Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus and PlayStation Move motion control systems for the Wii and PlayStation 3 home consoles, respectively.
Kinect was launched in North America on November 4, 2010, in Europe on November 10, 2010, and in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore on November 18, 2010. It was released in Japan on November 20, 2010. Purchase options for the sensor peripheral will include a bundle with the game Kinect Adventures and console bundles with either a 4 GB or 250 GB Xbox 360 console and Kinect Adventures.
- Box Contents
- 1 x Xbox 360 4GB Slim Console
- 1 x Xbox 360 Kinect
- 1 x Kinect Adventures!
- 1 x Xbox 360 Black Controller - Wireless
- 1 x Xbox 360 Composite AV Cable (not component)
- Xbox 360 has blockbuster games, HD movies and controller-free fun for everyone.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to Xbox LIVE.
- More storage for games, movies and music with 250GB HD.
- Super quiet with sleek new design plus matching controller and headset.
- Ready for the controller-free fun of Kinect.
- Video Game Console Features: Functions as DVD Player
- Hard Drive Capacity: 250GB Hard Drive Capacity
- Gaming System Compatibility: Xbox 360
- Please note that the videos below are in english, and the system you will receive will be in complete Japanese. This unit is region locked and cannot play american games.