Release Date: 3/30/2010
Stock Status: In Stock
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love is a single player strategy role-playing game (SRPG) and the first game in the popular Japanese Sakura Wars franchise to be released in North America. The game features both an exciting and fast-paced mech/air battle system and a unique, sim-based storyline. This in-depth storyline allows for character interaction that plays a major role in the progression of game action as the players interactions with various characters in the game can ultimately change the story content and even the final outcome. In addition, the PlayStation 2 Premium Edition contains several extras, including an artbook, poster and limited edition packaging.
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love is a strategy RPG. Gameplay is split between two modes: Adventure Mode and Battle Mode. In Adventure Mode Shinjiro explores the Littlelip Theater and greater New York City, interacting with other members of the Star Division and various other characters in a variety of ways, including timed and untimed dialog and action selections and on-screen manipulations using controller analog sticks. In addition, players take part in events such as Broadway shows. Depending on your interactions with team members, their "Trust" in you will change. If this change is positive the player will form "Bonds" with the respective team member, which will affect skills, abilities and possibilities in battle.
Battle Mode features a strategic real-time RPG battle system in which players control up to six team members in ground and aerial combat with the goal of destroying enemies. Ground combat takes place using mechanized suits referred to as STARS (Super Telekinetic Assault Robots). Every STARS unit in the game can transform from a battle mech into a jet fighter during combat, depending on the situation. Once transformed, weapons and movement methods will change accordingly. For example, the hero’s ground mode utilizes a sword as his main weapon, but in jet mode he will use long-range missiles. In coordinating attacks with team members players can adopt differing strategies which utilize fluctuating amounts of mobility, hit points and healing abilities. Each character also has access to unique Super Attacks that can be unleashed. Focused joint attacks can also be enacted by two or more characters which have built sufficient bonds between them in Adventure Mode. Additional features available include the ability to take, save and collect in-game photos, hidden secret events and a quiz game.
- Additional in-game activities and functionality including Broadway performances with AI Stars teammates, in-game photo functionality, secret events and a quiz game.
- Premium Edition includes: game for PlayStation 2, artbook, poster and limited edition packaging.
- Adventure Mode allowing the player to explore New York City and build relationship with in-game AI teammates.
- A strategy RPG battle system allowing for coordinated control of a team of diverse female fighters, each operating Mech battlesuits that can fight both on the ground and in the air.
- Anime-style storytelling with tons of anime movie scenes and dual voiceover (English/Japanese), as well as high replay value through different possible endings, each of which hinges on the bonds created between characters in-game.