Release Date: 8/29/2006
Stock Status: In Stock
In the peaceful world of Veldime, humans rarely encountered monsters. That was until Overlord Zenon cursed the land and all who reside within. With the curse in place, the humans became monsters and ravaged the world. It is up to Adell, the last remaining human, to oppose Overlord Zenon's tyranny and restore peace and harmony to Veldime. In Disgaea 2, players will take on the role of a young fighter named Adell and travel the netherworld to defeat the evil overlord Zenon. Battles will take place on a 3D grid based field. During combat, players will take turns between the enemy to move and attack. Key Features Geo panel based strategic battle system Lift & throw with stack attacks Dark assembly/court system where the sinners are praised All-new animated sequence with vastly improved 3D environment Over 100 hours of sleepless game play
- Disgaea 2 is divided into 13 chapters. Each chapter begins with cut scenes to explain Adell's next mission.
- Players then take control of Adell in his hometown of Holt.
- The town serves as a gateway to story maps, side quests, the dark council, and the item world.
- At the beginning of each chapter, a new area is unlocked. Each area consists of multiple maps which must be beaten to advance to the next chapter.
- Talking to the gatekeeper of Holt will give players the option of exploring the new area or repeating any maps that have been beaten.
- Many maps also have cut scenes. Scenes at the beginning and end of each chapter cannot be skipped.
- The gameplay in Disgaea 2 builds directly upon that of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness; players control a party of characters to do battle on a 3D isometric grid map.
- The Item World game mode returns from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Players can select any item in the party's inventory and enter it.
- The levels within are randomly generated, and the difficulty of enemies depends on the item's rarity or power.
- There are two ways to descend through the Item World: by defeating all enemies on a given level, or by using exit portals located somewhere on each level.
- Special enemies, called Guardians, can be freed by defeating them, imparting certain benefits to the item, such as increased attack or defense values.
- Once they are freed, they can be moved between items freely.
- The further a player descends through a given item's Item World, the higher the stat bonuses it will receive.