Release Date: 01/21/2010
Valkyria Chronicles 2, known in Japan as Battlefield Valkyria 2: Gallian Royal Military Academy, is an upcoming video game for the PlayStation Portable. It is the sequel to the PlayStation 3 title Valkyria Chronicles by Sega. The game is set for a release in January of 2010 in Japan, with a North American release scheduled for summer of the same year.
- Many gameplay concepts in Valkyria Chronicles 2 are carried over from the original.
- The BLiTZ system is used during combat scenarios, splitting the action between an overhead Command Mode and third-person Action Mode. By selecting allied units during Command Mode, using Command Points in the process, said units can move and perform actions until their Action Points run out.
- When the player has exhausted their available Command Points, or volunteers to pass control without using all of them, the Player Phase ends and the Enemy Phase begins. This progresses back and forth until the battle's victory conditions are achieved or the player is defeated.
- Valkyria Chronicles 2 uses a system of multiple area maps connected by enemy encampments.
- When an enemy camp is captured by the player's forces, subsequent areas are made available, using the camp as a way-point to call in reinforcements and proceed.