Release Date: 10/7/2010
Company: Disney Interactive
Version: Japan - NTR-R-BK9J
Stock Status: In Stock
Kingdom Hearts coded is an episodic puzzle video game developed and published by Square Enix, in collaboration with the Walt Disney Internet Group for mobile phones. It is an installment in the Kingdom Hearts series that is set after the events of the Kingdom Hearts II.
- Coded is a puzzle game with action elements mixed into the gameplay.
- The action gameplay is similar to the action-RPG style of the previous games in the series and features a similar basic interface.
- Coded also includes minigame and platforming elements.
- The game features a mix of graphics, with three-dimensional (3D) backgrounds and two-dimensional (2D) characters.
- The initial trailer showcased the main character, Sora, in dungeons with floating red and black blocks. Battles feature a "debugging" mode to remove the blocks in order to progress towards enemies.
- Blocks are also used to solve puzzles or reach higher ground.
- In coded, the player progresses through a series of levels which are virtual re-representations of worlds contained within the digitized version of Jiminy's journal which are from the first Kingdom Hearts game and are arranged according to the order in which Sora visited the worlds originally in Kingdom Hearts.
- These virtual worlds are based on various locales from many Disney animated films as well as original worlds: Destiny Islands, the first original world in the series; Traverse Town, another original world; Wonderland from Alice in Wonderland; Olympus Coliseum from Hercules; Agrabah from Aladdin