Our Price: $39.99Release Date: 4/26/2012
Stock Status: In Stock
Do-Don-Pachi Dai-Fukkatsu is the fifth arcade game in Cave's DonPachi series. The game was publicly unveiled at AOU2008 Amusement EXPO.
An Xbox 360 version of version 1.5 was released in Japan on November 25, 2010. A Black Label version will be released on February 3, 2011. In addition, an iPhone version of the game was released on August 26th, 2010 via the App Store, called DoDonPachi Resurrection. New modes and control methods were included to take advantage of the touch screen interface.
- Ship selection changed: Players now select the fighter type, then the style (Bomb, Power, or Strong). The style now corresponds to easy, medium, and hard difficulty respectively. Then, player can select whether to utilize auto-bomb or not.
- Ships can now fire both laser and shot simultaneously.
- Score counter's number letter sizes increase every 5th digit for easier viewing
- Added Red Mode (烈怒モード, Reddo Mōdo?), a small long bar at top right (or top middle when playing with two players) which increases if you shoot both laser and shot simultaneously. When it passes a certain threshold, the bar in the meter turns red, and the game becomes much more difficult while it is in the red. The bar will reset when the player dies, or reduced after hyper ends / player does not shoot both laser and shot.
- Hyper meter now increase very slowly unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red. In addition, Hyper power itself runs out much faster after use.
- Hypers can now be "collected" for the Power style. Continue to increase the Hyper meter and it will stock up like a bomb when the meter is filled.
- Activating the hyper now shows the current "rank" of the Hyper effectiveness with blocking bullets temporarily.
- The bee bonus items in the stages function differently.
- Hibachi (true final boss) now can appear in the first loop if certain requirements are met. In addition, the difficulty / durability of both the final boss Taisabachi, now renamed Supreme Weapon of Extreme Hellish Annihilation - Golden Disaster (獄滅極戮至高兵器ゴールデン・ディザスター, Gokumetsu-Gokuriku Shikou-Heiki Gooruden Dizasutaa?) and the true final boss have increased dramatically.
- Hit combos are now calculated differently. Namely, the hit combo does not go up as fast unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red.
- All the music has been replaced.