Release Date: 5/12/2011
Stock Status: In Stock
Steel Diver is a video game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is a side-scrolling action game in which the player controls a submarine via a set of touch-screen based levers and wheels. Shigeru Miyamoto described it as being "almost like you have your own submarine pet in an aquarium".
- The game was first shown at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2004 as a tech demo for the then-upcoming Nintendo DS, it was not until six years later at E3 2010 when Nintendo revealed it as a launch title for the Nintendo 3DS.
- It was released on the 27th of March 2011 in the United States as a launch title for the 3DS.
- However, it did not make the Japan and Europe launch window. The game was released in Europe on May 6, 2011.
- As of March 2011, Metacritic's aggregate score is 60.IGN gave Steel Diver a 7.0/10, praising it for its addictive gameplay, but gave caution that the slow paced strategy is not for everyone
- Contrarily, Game Informer gave the game a 4.00, praising its music and sound, but criticizing the multiplayer and the knob-moving gameplay during a time limit and chaotic levels.