Release Date: 12/1/2010
Version: Asia Version - ULJM-05800
Stock Status: In Stock
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (International name: Monster Hunter Freedom 3) is an upcoming video game in the Monster Hunter franchise for the PlayStation Portable system said to be released in Japan on December 1st, 2010.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd introduces new regions, monsters, and a revised Felyne combat system.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is not an update to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or Monster Hunter Tri. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is instead separate to the rest of the series, and most of the game has been entirely remade.
- The new base of operations is Yukumo Village. This village has a feudal Japanese feel to it, both from its design to its residents
- he player can take two Felynes out with him/her on a single player quest, up from the single companion of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- When you take Felynes out on a quests, monster attacks are divided between the player and the companions, making hunts easier.
- Also new to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is the ability to customize the Felyne companions' equipment. Doing so will change the creature's physical appearance and properties.
- The player will be able to customize the Felynes in three areas: weapon, head parts and torso parts. A new field introduced in the game is Keiryu, or Mountain Stream.
- All the fields in Monster Hunter Tri, along with the addition of the Mountain Stream field are expected to be included in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. However there will be no under water levels and certain stages are edited to compensate for this.
- All 12 weapon categories from past Monster Hunter games will appear in the game. Those are: Long Sword, Sword and Shield, Hunting Horn, Greatsword, Dual Swords, Lance, Hammer, Gun Lance, Bow, Switch Axe, Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun.
- All weapons are seeing changes, even greater than the changes that were made for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
- The equipment creation and fortification systems are also seeing a variety of changes.
- Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto claimed that this area of the game will keep what was good from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Monster Hunter Tri and add new elements