Release Date: 03/25/2010
Stock Status: In Stock
Hokuto Musō is a beat em up game created by Koei based on the Fist of The North Star Franchise. It was originally announced as a "mystery title" during the 2009 Tokyo Game Show as its story and characters are based on the famous Japanese comic and anime series.
Hisashi Koinuma, producer of the Samurai Warriors series says that the staff aims to create a "new realistic feel" for the Fist of the North Star series while still being faithful to the original's roots. Tetsuo Hara and Yoshiyuki Okamura, the illustrator and writer of the original comic, has expressed their support and enthusiasm for the title.
The game will be released in Japan on March 25, 2010 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and considered as an official side spinoff to Koei's Warrior series.
- Box Contents:
- 1 x Hokuto Musou PS3 Software
- 1 x Original Soundtrack
- 1 x Visual Story Book
- 1 x Voice Clock
- An adaptation of the venerable Fist Of The North Star franchise, Hokuto Musō is a game in the vein of Koei's other Warriors games, but has a much deeper emphasis on storyline.
- It follows the first and most well known half of the FOTNS saga, starting with Kenshiro's quest to rescue his lover Yuria from Shin, his best friend turned rival, up to the series' conclusion with Kenshiro facing his brother Raoh.
- It covers all the important storylines featured in the saga, including those of the Nanto Roku Seiken and Kenshiro's fellow Hokuto Shinken practitioners: Raoh, Toki and Jagi.
- The basic controls and mission system are the same as most Warriors titles, but this game is different by borrowing more elements from the action adventure genre.
- While a K.O count is still present, enemies don't necessarily swarm the players and appear in certain sections within an area.
- Characters can also grab opponents, climb walls, or pick and throw items with the R2 trigger (PS3).
- They may also need to destroy objects to clear alternative paths through an area.
- When facing greater opponents or bosses of an area, players maybe forced into a one-on-one match with them.
- Tapping the Circle (PS3) lets players use their character's various techniques from the comic.
- These deadly techniques (or ougi) act as the character's type of "musou" in this game, allowing limited invincibility and massively damaging a target. When a technique is used, the game will momentarily freeze the action on the field until the move is completed.
- The nature of implementing a technique varies on the character. For instance, Kenshiro's blows are straight forward and focus on precise one hit strikes.
- However, Rei's moves requires players to be aware of timing.
- During the execution of each of his techniques, players are asked to tap Triangle (PS3) at select moments in order to complete the move successfully.
- Enemies are killed in a similar manner as the original comic, including blood and exploding bodies.