Release Date: 11/19/2008
This is the Xbox 360 console version of the game. It added the following game modes:
VS Mission: A boss rush game featuring bosses from previous Konami shooters. Up to 3 players can enter simultaneously through Xbox Live or LAN connections.
Gorgeous mode: A rearranged stage layout featuring 6 stages. It can be played by up to 3 players through Xbox Live or LAN connections, but without the boss rush counterpart.
This version also added extra fighters:
- Xbox Live features:
- Score ranking
- Cooperative play
- Downloadable contents (characters, stage, music included)
- Downloadable contents:
- St. Gradius uniform fighters: The uniformed fighters can be used in Original and Gorgeous mode. Each cost 510 Microsoft points. Available fighters include Aoba Anoa, Eru Tron, Madoka, Diol Twee, Tita Nium.
- New fighters: They can be used in fighters can be used in Original and Gorgeous mode. Each cost 400 Microsoft points. Available fighters include Esmeralda, Poini Coon.
- Easter island (500 Microsoft Points): In original mode, it has the level of 3 stars (at Normal difficulty), and can be chosen in single mission mode like any other mission. In Gorgeous mode, it is located between Canadian Rockies and Alexandria missions.
- Custom BGM
- Changes background music in Gorgeous mode and Original Mode single mission. Each cost 400 Microsoft points.
- Anoa pack (2008-12-19): Contains Gradius series music.
- Tron pack (2008-12-19): Contains Salamander series music.
- Madoka pack (2009-01-23): Contains Twinbee series music.
- Diol pack (2009-01-23): Contains Xexex music.
- Tita pack (2009-01-23): Contains MSX Gradius (Gradius II and Nemesis 3) music.
- Emon pack (2009-03-25): Contains Thunder Cross series and Space Manbow music.
- Esmeralda & Poini pack (2009-04-08): Contains Gradius Gaiden music.